Thursday, March 8, 2007

Aphasia Novella

Aphasia Novella

I hope well.
I've shifted over
to more music
since my writing seems
to go native.
Gone to ground!
So my spirit Simon Says.
I just needed a little real food!
Something fierce! Something weird...
Something fun...
Some kind word
from an old soul

from the old school
in the dark woods,
I found Iron John
by the still pool
waiting...
for the wild boy.

Drop me a line.
I seem to've dropped off line lately.
Hard Work! & No Play!
have uncoiled my sence
of taste & timing
so I write...on paper
and my right hand shakes.
I read words worth nothing
to no one but me.
Still you never know who listens
and you never know who reads
though you might catch them dancing
and you might hear them
singing.

I want to sit like an uncarved
block of wood,
waiting for Goddess to make me
useful.
May be a statue. Perchance a cup
to hold peoples' memories
or the body of chaos.
ring!
She staddles the altar!
ring!
Bathed in Howoly Water!
ring!
With her hands she pours
the blood of the vine
through my porus heart.
You may know the sound
of the broken leaves
and I may watch the way that they fall,
as we climb to the top of our sacred tree
and we wait for the stars to follow!



No comments: